Print Preview in Impress 2.3.1??

Discuss the presentation application
laprjns

Print Preview in Impress 2.3.1??

Post by laprjns »

I'm somewhat embarrass :oops: to ask this, because it seems so obvious, but does Impress have a Print Preview function? I have both the Windows and Linux version 2.3.1 and was not able to find it on either. :? I search this forum and googled the internet and could not find anything about this.

Thanks

Rich
acknak

Re: Print Preview in Impress 2.3.1??

Post by acknak »

What you see in the editing pane should be exactly what will print out. What do you need from a preview that you don't get from the editing view?

Both Draw and Impress work this way (editing view is the page preview).
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
laprjns

Post by laprjns »

:oops: :oops: :oops:
acknak wrote:What you see in the editing pane should be exactly what will print out.
It sure didn't seem that way last night when my son was trying to print out a presentation. Can't believe it's that simple.
What do you need from a preview that you don't get from the editing view?
I guess nothing. I was trying to help my son with his presentation and it was my first time using Impress. I guest all those years using Powerpoint, I assumed that it would have a print preview.

Thanks
acknak

Post by acknak »

Well, don't feel bad--I've been using it for years and I still, on occasion, go looking for it out of habit.

Actually, I think it would be helpful if Impress had a page preview--if nothing else, to see what all is going to print. But it really isn't strictly necessary.

There is a request for it: Issue 21140: No print preview. It only has 5 votes in almost five years.

You can register there and add a vote (up to two) or a comment if you like.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23