Modifying picture links?

Discuss the presentation application
windyweather

Modifying picture links?

Post by windyweather »

Impress 2.3.1

I'm building a spec using impress with screen images. And each time I rebuild the images, the names may change. But I can't, apparently, edit a picture that is already in the show to point it to another image. Or copy a slide and then change the image it describes. I have to add a new image each time? Bummer!! Sure makes it hard to use....

How about letting me edit the "relative file path" to the image on a slide so I can copy a slide or change the image on the slide.

I want to have the position and size of the image remain constant. Not be reset each time I change the image it points to. Just resize the new image to fit in the Position / Size of the "container" for the image.

Thanks,
Windy
______
Coos Bay, OR
OpenOffice on WinXP, Vista and Linux, using MySQL.
WindyWeather Website
Phil
Volunteer

Re: Modifying picture links?

Post by Phil »

Hi and welcome to the community!

Sorry for the late answer, normally we're quite a bit faster. :roll:

I am not sure if I understood you correctly, but I think what you would like to do should work as follows:

You need to embed the pictures with Insert - Picture - From File. Then you need to check the box "Link" and choose the picture file.
This is identical to dragging a file into Impress - that should also create a linked picture.

If done so, you can edit the links to the pictures with Edit - Links. This lets you change the path and the picture itself, retaining image settings.

HTH!

KR, phil
OOo 3.0.1 & DEV-3.1 • WinXP pro 32-bit + SP3 + current patches
Looking for OpenOffice-related information? Try the search engine on OpenOfficeNinja - a great tool!
My favorite extension: Alt. Find & Replace for Writer. All you need and much more...
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP
acknak

Re: Modifying picture links?

Post by acknak »

Give this a try: when you have a new image to replace an existing one, just insert the new image somewhere, then copy or cut to the clipboard. Now select your existing image and paste.

In Writer at least, that will keep the size of the existing image and just replace the image data. I don't know if Impress will work the same way, and I can't check just now to be sure.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23