Impress Hangs - Web Wizard needs repair

Discuss the presentation application
druze

Impress Hangs - Web Wizard needs repair

Post by druze »

Welcome beginner. Please answer all of the questions below which may provide information necessary to answer your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Using OO 2.3.1
installed on Win XP HOME
After allowing me to use the Web Wizard for several days, my IMPRESS just has refused to continue with existing session (hung up) , and referred me to the setup -repair option to solve a problem with inability to open Web Wizard (component missing)
I ran repair, but to no avail.
I reinstalled all of 2.3.1 but ot no avail

Now I can not get access to Web Wizard.
This is verion 2.3.1

looking for fix, work around, way to use IMPRESS web wizard
Phil
Volunteer

Re: Impress Hangs - Web Wizard needs repair

Post by Phil »

Hi and welcome to the community!

Did I understand correctly that you use the Web Wizard that you access via File - Wizards - Web Page?
Because it is not specially related to Impress - it applies to OpenOffice in general.

Anyway, the behavior you describe is strange. The only thing that came spontaneously to my mind is that your user profile might be corrupt.
It is preserved even when you do a new install.

So you could try to create a new user profile. This is automatically done by OOo if you rename the profile folder.
This is done as follows:

At first, close OpenOffice altogether (also end the quickstarter in the system tray if active).
If your windows user name (login name) is "druze" and your system drive is C:, then your OOo user profile folder is
C:\Documents and settings\druze\Application data\OpenOffice.org2
Now rename the profile folder to e.g.
C:\Documents and settings\druze\Application data\OpenOffice.org2.old
and start one of the OpenOffice applications again. Then a new folder is created.

You could also delete the folder, but renaming it allows you to rename it back in case this does not help (bringing you back your old settings).

Good luck!
phil
OOo 3.0.1 & DEV-3.1 • WinXP pro 32-bit + SP3 + current patches
Looking for OpenOffice-related information? Try the search engine on OpenOfficeNinja - a great tool!
My favorite extension: Alt. Find & Replace for Writer. All you need and much more...
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP