How do I insert a music video file in Presentation?

Discuss the presentation application
shanni

How do I insert a music video file in Presentation?

Post by shanni »

Hello folks.
So I'm currently working on a presentation for my school lesson music which I have to talk about a band. I'm working with the Open Office Presentation (the similar to the Microsoft Office Power Point) at home. But I would also like to play a music video. (I'm not sure if it has been already asked but I better ask than browsing in the whole forum, for the case if it hasn't. :S)

So my question is, how shall I insert a music video file so it'd be able to play? I tried it via Insert >Movie and Sound>chose the file but then a message pops up with "the selected file format is not supported" or something like that. (I just translated it into english). The format of the video file is MP4.
I get the same message when I tried to inset a mp3 music file.. >-< im desperated. =(
Would it also work on Microsoft Office Power Point? Because my school only uses Power Point. >_<

I'm currently working with Open Office version 3.2 on Windows Vista.
I'd be really grateful for any help! Thanks in advance. >.<
Open Office 3.2
RoryOF

Re: How do I insert a music video file in Presentation?

Post by RoryOF »

Find a friend who has Powerpoint. Make your presentation in Openoffice, leave a blank slide for the music video. Save your presentation as type .ppt (Save As, file type MS Office 97/XP/2000, Automatic file name box to be checked). Take your presentation and video to friend's computer and there insert the music video; now save the presentation. Use that copy for class. Best to check it on another computer well before class to be sure it works.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS