Saving at .ppt causes OpenOffice to crash

Discuss the presentation application
rnevins

Saving at .ppt causes OpenOffice to crash

Post by rnevins »

I've been having difficulty with saving .odt's as .ppt's. I am using OpenOffice v 2.1 on an Intel Mac running OSX 10.4.11
Whenever I attempt to save my file in the Powerpoint format, the program crashes and I get this error message:
"Due to an unexpected error, OpenOffice.org crashed." - it then goes on to tell me that the work will be saved and recovered when I next launch OpenOffice.
Is this a familiar problem? Do I need to upgrade to the latest version? I'm happy with the program, but I need to be able to convert to .ppt to display my presentations on my school's computers. I don't have a similar problem converting .odt to .doc or .ods to .xls

Thanks for any help!
Hagar Delest

Re: Saving at .ppt causes OpenOffice to crash

Post by Hagar Delest »

I would say that upgrading would be indeed the first step to check if that was an old bug or not. But I've not seen that issue in the past. If there is no sensitive data (or else, make a dummy file and check that you can reproduce the issue), you can upload it here so that we can check on our systems. If the file is bigger than 128 kB, use a file sharing web site (like mediafire.com).
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10