[Issue] Impress Previous Animation Key Not Working

Discuss the presentation application
Longboarderd

[Issue] Impress Previous Animation Key Not Working

Post by Longboarderd »

I'm running OOO 2.3 Ubuntu version on Ubuntu 7.10.

I've noticed that if I use a key (back arrow or up arrow) to try and go back to the previous animation it forces the show back to the previous SLIDE instead.

Here's the situation, I have a slide with several bullet points on it. Each point is set to appear on click in a descending order. If I make it through a few bullets, but accidentally proceed to the next bullet a little ahead of myself, and want to 'retract' it, I can't just hit the back or up arrow. If I do, I go to the previous SLIDE and I have to go through all the bullets on that page again to get back to the bullet I want to be at.

Now, I may just be missing something. I'm in no way an expert, or really even experienced OO user. I was very experienced with PowerPoint and I'm very comfortable with OO, but I'm still relatively new to it. I tried looking at the Customize and Options menus, but I couldn't really find the right things.

I will be upgrading to the new version due out soon. And maybe this won't be an issue in that version. Just curious. It's certainly not going to keep me from using this fine office suite!
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Changed the Solved tag to Issue.
James
Volunteer

Re: Impress Previous Animation Key Not Working

Post by James »

Hmm, help on my version (running Ubuntu but Sun build) says:
Left arrow or Up arrow or Page Up or Backspace or P:
Play previous effect again. If no previous effect exists on this slide, show previous slide.
So, it sounds as though this behaviour is broken :( I suggest searching to see if this has already been reported, and if not submitting it as an issue. The procedure for searching and submitting can be found here: http://qa.openoffice.org/issue_handling ... ssues.html
James
www.8daysaweek.co.uk - A User-Focused OOo site.
Windows Easy Installation CDs & OOo on USB Keys, OOo for Mac OS X + Ubuntu CDs

Please read: Survival Guide for the forum
OOo 3.1.1 on Ubuntu 9.x + Windows XPP, Mac OS X
chromium

Post by chromium »

It is a feature that is not yet implemented in OOo: see

http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=48179
acknak

Post by acknak »

I'm not sure, but I believe that all the bullet points in the same text box count as "one effect". If you had another text box on the slide, then back arrow would go back to it; since you only have one text box on the slide (I'm guessing), there is no "previous effect" and you go back a slide.

You can test that using two text boxes on one slide.

Even if this is how it's "supposed" to work, it's a broken design. You should be able to back up in the same steps you went forward--by each bullet point in this case.

PS: Oops, I see chromium has already tracked down the answer. Cool.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
Longboarderd

Re: [SOLVED] Impress Previous Animation Key Not Working

Post by Longboarderd »

Thanks for the info. This is a real blemish in the OOo suite.

To anyone who finds this later on. This is not yet possible in Impress. It's been requested for over 3 years and there still isn't even a time frame given. So if you really want this feature, go to the this link http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=48179 (that chromium pointed us to) sign up and give it your vote.