Objects are not placed exactly

Discuss the presentation application
pz.daniel

Objects are not placed exactly

Post by pz.daniel »

Hello,

I didn't found a topic for this problem (or maybe my english is too bad to search good enough).

I have this problem on different computers, I only have Windows XP Pro/Home (maybe it is just an Windows problem) and the problem occurs with the newest version of OpenOffice (2.3.1 GER) as well as with the version before (I think I had this problem since version 2.0.0).

I added 2 screenshots to visualise my problem...

I wanted to hide a picture behind some objects (It is for a game...you have to guess, which picture is hidden, and it gets easier the more objects you remove).
My english is too bad to explain it right and in detail, but those screenshots should explain enough.

I hope you can help me or fix this problem in the next updates ;-)

Regards,
Daniel
Attachments
edit mode - it seems to be all right
edit mode - it seems to be all right
edit mode (pay attention to the right and lower side...already some bugs)
edit mode (pay attention to the right and lower side...already some bugs)
Presentation
Presentation
acknak

Re: [Impress] Objects are not placed exactly

Post by acknak »

Impress, by design, has to scale your images to different sizes for the editing and the slide show views. Scaling and positioning images is never pixel-perfect, so it's not surprising that you have some edges showing. The scaling is even more error-prone because Impress tracks the size and position as real-world dimensions (inches or cm) and not pixels, and so the door is open for more conversion and round-off errors.

Can you make the covering shapes larger than the images by some small margin (a few mm)? That should completely cover the images without leaving any edges showing. Or have have I misunderstood what you're trying to do?
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23