[Solved] How to launch slideshow in a new window?

Discuss the presentation application
Charybdis

[Solved] How to launch slideshow in a new window?

Post by Charybdis »

Hi,

I would like to launch my slideshow (or presentation) in a new window. Bun in Slideshow > Settings, I can choose only these options:
1. Launch the presentation in full-screen
2. Launch the presentation in the current window, which keeps the menubar, and the toolbars

But I would like to a) launch the slideshow in new window b) display only the slides, but don't display Impress's menubar, toolbars. (Reason: I want to create a screen video with Camtasia Studio)

I use Windows XP.
Last edited by Charybdis on Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
acknak

Re: How to launch slideshow in a new window?

Post by acknak »

Yes, it's a rather odd design, isn't it? I think it comes from actually starting another copy of the Impress application just to display the show, so that window gets all the toolbars that the main editing window gets, except they're all inactive. Very odd.

You can always undock the toolbars and close them--you should be able to get a window with no toolbars. Just be aware that your main window will also have no toolbars. You will have to turn them back on (View > Toolbars > ...) and dock them (Ctrl+Double-click) to get back to the normal editing window state.

I don't know of any way to get rid of the main menu bar.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
Charybdis

Re: How to launch slideshow in a new window?

Post by Charybdis »

I neither don't know how to get rid of the menubar. I can however delete the menu items, but it is not so good solution.

I will use the full-screen mode, it is easier to use.