Clipboard broken for formulas

Discuss the presentation application

Clipboard broken for formulas

Postby davegp » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:14 am

Hi all,
This is my first post, so forgive me if this issue has already been resolved. I haven't seen it yet in this forum.

I am using Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn and it's version of OpenOffice 2.2. This problem is specific to Impress.

When creating multiple formulas on a single slide, I find that I cannot cut/copy and paste them properly.
What seems to happen is that one particular formula gets stuck in the clipboard and this is always pasted even if I copy a different one.

Ignoring the frequent crashing of the application, this is a major annoyance right now.
Any insights, patches, etc gratefully appreciated.
Btw, if this is an issue that should be dealt with by Ubuntu, please let me know where I should post it there for an effective response.
davegp

Re: Clipboard broken for formulas

Postby James » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:26 am

Hi davegp,

Is there any reason why you haven't upgraded to the latest Ubuntu? It's usually best to have the latest version in case your issue has been resolved. There are also some issues with Linux distros versions of OOo and some here have been recommending you remove that and install the Sun Linux build, see: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=68

BFN,
James
www.8daysaweek.co.uk - A User-Focused OOo site.
Windows Easy Installation CDs & OOo on USB Keys, OOo for Mac OS X + Ubuntu CDs

Please read: Survival Guide for the forum
OOo 3.1.1 on Ubuntu 9.x + Windows XPP, Mac OS X
James
Volunteer

Re: Clipboard broken for formulas

Postby acknak » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:28 am

Yes, definitely upgrade if you can. I had a lot of trouble, such as you describe, with cut and paste of formulas, which has had a good deal of attention and fixes since 2.3.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
acknak

Return to Impress