Indent List items?

Discuss the presentation application
Gardener1

Indent List items?

Post by Gardener1 »

I am using Open Office V2.0 Impress on Windows XP.

I am trying OO impress to create a new presentation. I want to create an indented list of bulleted items. I have been able to create the intiial bulleted list and now i want to indent to the next lower level of list items. However, I can't find any way to indent to the next level. There must be a menu item or key combination to shift the list item to the right and to make it be a a sub-list item, but I can't find how to do that in any of the documentation that I've examined or in any of the menus. After looking and experimenting for an hour or more, its time to ask... How do you do this?

Thanks, a lot.
ccornell
Volunteer

Re: Indent List items?

Post by ccornell »

It's a button in the toolbar :-)

Find the toolbar that has the font selector in it.... as you move from left to right across the toolbar, you will see the font name, the font size, bold, italic, underline, shadow... then the justification (left, right center) and bullets on/off. To the right of this are some arrows pointing left, right, up and down. This is what you're looking for.

Place the cursor on the bullet item you want to indent to a sub level and click the right arrow. Left arrow takes it back a level. Up and down arrows will move that bullet item up and down in the list.
openSUSE 11.4, KDE4.6 with OpenOffice.org 3.3
Gardener1

Post by Gardener1 »

Hmmm. I tried that and nothing happened. The bullets appeared in a template that I used. Is there some sort of configuration needed to allow sub-bullets?

And now when I opened the document again this morning, the bullets are all missing in the new slides that I copied from the original template based slide. They were all there last night before I saved the file. And they are still there in the original slide which remains at the end of slided that I copied and modified. (I thought they were all based on the same template?) The arrows still do not work and I haven't found a way to replace the now missing bullets.
ccornell
Volunteer

Post by ccornell »

First try with a new presentation. Create a new presentation. Add a slide or two. Add a couple bullet points, and see if you can move them around using the arrows as described.

Is the template a custom template you got from somewhere, or is it one of the templates built into OpneOffice.org? If it is a custom template, can you upload it here? If you do, please be sure that there is no personal or proprietary information included in the template.
openSUSE 11.4, KDE4.6 with OpenOffice.org 3.3