Animation Problem

Discuss the presentation application
Moneta

Animation Problem

Post by Moneta »

Hi there I'm a new user to OO and to creating presentations so please forgive me if this isn't the right place for my question.

I have a presentation which i was given on cd that was created in powerpoint. I have to make some changes to the presentation which are basically changing some text and thats all and which i've done in Impress. The presentation includes several animations, for example there is a pendulum which swings from side to side, now in the normal view everything works great and all the animations are animated, so to speak but as soon as I run the slide show which is obviously what i will be doing when i give the presentation the animations don't move.

Being a complete novice I really don't know what it is I need to do to get the animations moving in slideshow mode so I'd really appreciate any help as I've already spent hours trying to figure it out.

Thanks
acknak

Re: Animation Problem

Post by acknak »

Have you read the Forum Survival Guide?

What OOo version (and OS) are you using?

Impress is very very shaky when it comes to handling animations. Many times, they simply do not work. There have been some fixes in the last release, and will be more coming in the next release (March), so the only answer to the problem may be to either try the latest release (OOo 2.3.1) or wait and try the next release (OOo 2.4), or do without the animations.

If I were doing this for work, or for something else that's critically important, I would make having access to PowerPoint a requirement for the task. Life's too short to waste time on incompatible or buggy software.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
Moneta

Post by Moneta »

Hi

I'm using Windows XP Home Edition and OO 2.3.1
acknak

Post by acknak »

In that case, I think you just have to wait and try a later release.

If you want, you can attach your document here (or, if it's >128K, upload it to a file sharing site such as filecrunch.com) and we can try it on some other platforms, or see if there's some tweak that might get it working. No promises, though.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23