[Solved] Saving Presentation to a disc

Discuss the presentation application
kellyrus408

[Solved] Saving Presentation to a disc

Post by kellyrus408 »

When I save my "Presentation" files to a CD-R, most of the photographs that make up my presentation are replaced by a box with a red code in it. Is there something I can do about that?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as Solved.
Neggo

Re: Saving Presentation to a disc

Post by Neggo »

Hello,

perhaps it is because of the process you use to insert the photo.

It seems that when your file is on the HD then the .odt file can read the original photo from the HD but when you write on the CD-R then don't found the photo source.

How do you insert the file? which system do you use?

A non very elegant way that perhaps will work would be to create a folder whit all the photos you will add on your text.odt and the .odt too, and after finish the file to copy all the folder on the CD-R..., but I don't know if this will work.

Best regards
Neggo
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP + Ubuntu 8.04
kellyrus408

Post by kellyrus408 »

Thanks for the reply.

I have the photo's saved in a folder under "My Pictures". I simply right-click copy the picture and paste it to the slide, and then resize the picture to fit the space available by dragging the corners.

While most of the photos don't come through, a few do. That, to me, is the puzzling part.

Gary
kingfisher
Volunteer

Post by kingfisher »

The photos are being entered as links. Use the menu Edit >Links to break the links before saving the file.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 on Linux
kellyrus408

Post by kellyrus408 »

I cut the links....I burned it....I ran it....it worked!

THANKS!!!

Gary