[Solved] Trouble moving table from Writer to Impress

Discuss the presentation application
jan

[Solved] Trouble moving table from Writer to Impress

Post by jan »

(Latest OO, Vista OS) Since there is not the capability in Impress to build a table automatically (a table not a spreadsheet), then it seemed logical to use the sophisticated table build capability in Writer and move the built table to Impress. With the table built in Writer, I tried selecting the table and copying it to the clipboard and then pasting it into a slide in Impress. Only the first three rows came from the paste (I couldn't get the whole table, and the three rows came in very small). I've tried other things but nothing worked. Is there a way to do this? Thanks.
Last edited by jan on Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phil
Volunteer

Re: Trouble moving table from Writer to Impress

Post by Phil »

Yes, pasting tables into impress is quite buggy.
What worked for me when columns or rows were missing is to double-click the pasted table in impress and to resize it. Sometimes it did not work when doing that at the edge, but then it worked doing it at the edge!
OOo 3.0.1 & DEV-3.1 • WinXP pro 32-bit + SP3 + current patches
Looking for OpenOffice-related information? Try the search engine on OpenOfficeNinja - a great tool!
My favorite extension: Alt. Find & Replace for Writer. All you need and much more...
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP
Phil
Volunteer

Post by Phil »

BTW: There is an issue filed on this: http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=61642.
Unfortunately it will not be solved even in release 3.0 of OOo, as the target is set to OOo Later.
OOo 3.0.1 & DEV-3.1 • WinXP pro 32-bit + SP3 + current patches
Looking for OpenOffice-related information? Try the search engine on OpenOfficeNinja - a great tool!
My favorite extension: Alt. Find & Replace for Writer. All you need and much more...
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP
jan

Post by jan »

Thank you very much. Your solution worked for me.