Version incompatibility

Discuss the presentation application
davidckchiu

Version incompatibility

Post by davidckchiu »

I have been using openoffice for many years. I am now using the newe version 2.3. Many years ago (probably more than 8 years ago), I have prepared some presentations slide. I tried to open it but it had the version incompatibility issues.

These files have been put aside for many years I lately found in when I am tidying up my databases.

Anyone can help ? I have searched the forum but could not see similar issue discussed before.

Thanks

David
acknak

Re: Version incompatibility

Post by acknak »

What kind of "version incompatibility issues" do you see? Do the files not load at all? Is there an error?

OOo comes with filters to read most (if not all) of it's older formats. I've never had a problem with old files, but I don't have old presentations. Some of the filters are optional: did you install all of OOo, or did you do a custom install? Perhaps the filters you need are not installed.

Sometimes it helps (with Writer files anyway) to do:
File > New > Presentation, then
Insert > File (your old file)
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
Corfy
Volunteer

Re: Version incompatibility

Post by Corfy »

If you are using a different computer (or a different OS install), you may also run into font problems. If you don't have the same fonts installed on your system, then the presentations wouldn't look right because all of the fonts would be substituted with something else.
---
Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
OOo 2.4 on K/Ubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04 and WinXP Pro and Home
Repossess your computer!