[Solved] Opening the same presentation from several computer

Discuss the presentation application
taholmes160

[Solved] Opening the same presentation from several computer

Post by taholmes160 »

HI Folks - -

I have 4 computers here in the office that are used to drive big display screens that have an impress presentation running on them. its the same presentation, and is centrally stored on a mapped network drive (in this case drive P:)

When I try to open the presentation on the different computers impress complains b/c the file is locked on other computers

IS there a way to make it open in read only mode so this is not an issue

I did some digging and google indicated that there was / is an open read only check box which I found in FIle Properties, but its greyed out with no way that I can see to set it

How do I resolve this problem?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Tagged [Solved].
Open Office 4.1.8
Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Opening the same presentation from several computers

Post by Zizi64 »

When I try to open the presentation on the different computers impress complains b/c the file is locked on other computers
Yes, the AOO/LO are single-user applications.

Tips:

- Save your presentation as ODF template (.otp). Then you can open it on many computer. Note: all of opened pieces will be UntitledX documents, and you can not save it back in a simpliest way to the original place (you must know the full Path (URL) for a SaveAs, and then you must choose the Presentation Template type).
Last edited by Zizi64 on Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
taholmes160

Re: Opening the same presentation from several computers

Post by taholmes160 »

Tibor -- THANK YOU!!!! I appreciate your help and your time

TIM
Open Office 4.1.8
Windows 10