Need minimized Impress slideshow for Zoom meeting

Discuss the presentation application
sullwold

Need minimized Impress slideshow for Zoom meeting

Post by sullwold »

(Using MacOS 11.5.2 and OpenOffice 4.1.10.) I have an Impress slide show that I want to show in a Zoom meeting. I need to open the Slideshow and have it run in a separate minimized window, so that I may also see my Zoom participants. I cannot seem to find where that possible. I am not a programmer and will not be able to use a system work-around. If this is not possible with the current version of Impress, I hope someone will be able to add this feature.
OpenOffice 4.1.10
MacOS 11.5.2
RoryOF

Re: Need minimized Impress slideshow for Zoom meeting

Post by RoryOF »

If you reduce your Impress editing widow, and select /Slide Show /Slide Show Settings your slide show will run in a window of that size, but showing the Impress frame and toolbars. However, your zoom participants will only see the presentation at that size, together with whatever else is on your screen, when you Share Screen in Zoom.

If you are using a laptop you will have capabilities to attach a second screen, or if you have have capabilities to attach a second monitor to your computer, you can display your presentation on that device (any old CRT display or any monitor will suffice, provided it has suitable connections) and share that screen, leaving your other screen for the Zoom session.

You need to establish your setup privately, noting what you did and what settings you used; do not leave this until you are in the zoom.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
sullwold

Post by sullwold »

Thank you for your quick response and help. I do have an old Mac laptop (2009); I will try to rig that. I was also thinking of using my iPad for the meeting and logging on separately with the Mac. That way, I might be able to run full screen but I didn't think it was my best idea. :-)
OpenOffice 4.1.10
MacOS 11.5.2
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

If you can add a second screen to your laptop, you can run presentation on that in full screen. Another option is to nominate someone else in Zoom session to be co chairman, and let that person take over while you are showing your presentation.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS