Presenter Mode comes and goes

Discuss the presentation application
Terry@NZ

Presenter Mode comes and goes

Post by Terry@NZ »

I had been using Impress with dual screens, and wanted to NOT show the screen with the present and next slide. Eventually found how to turn this off. I forget how I did it.
Today I wanted to have them back on. I googled and searched everywhere and could find nothing that helped.
Then I tried F5 to start the presentation and it just worked. {I had been using my mouse to start it before.}
Suddenly the mouse way of doing it worked as well.
Can someone tell me how to turn the presenter details off and on? There is nothing in Slide Show Settings to do this.
Terry
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 10
RoryOF

Re: Presenter Mode comes and goes

Post by RoryOF »

This may be to do with your setting for the second screen. If you have selected to "Mirror desktop" rather than "Extend desktop to all screens" (words to that effect) then Impress will think you have only one screen and not start the Presenter console.

You might also look at menu item "Slide Show", "Slide Show Settings"; on the bottom of that window is a dropdown for "Multiple Displays", which permits selecting the display screen for the presentation; one of the selections is "All screens"

Edit: This problem may also be to do with when your second screen is turned on or plugged in. If it is turned on/plugged in after OpenOffice starts up, it may not be detected correctly. 
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Terry@NZ

Post by Terry@NZ »

No, I work with Extended Desktop all the time.

Slide Show Settings does have that drop-down menu for Display 1, Display 2 and All Displays (which, weirdly, spreads the display over the two screens, half on each).

Terry
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

You should be able to reduce the display from the double screen, and pull it to one or other, where a double click in title bar will cause it to fill that screen.

Note that OpenOffice does many detections only at start-up, such as fonts, printers, and possibly also multiple monitors (not checked - my three monitors are always on and connected) .
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS