Shape Hyperlinks to Slides not working in PDFs

Discuss the presentation application
RogueBells

Shape Hyperlinks to Slides not working in PDFs

Post by RogueBells »

Hello, I’m having an issue with hyperlinks attached to shapes in PDF files exported from Impress.
This is using LibreOffice 6.1.0.3 on Windows 10 Home.

Within Impress, and in View Slideshow mode, all hyperlinks work fine:
1. Attached to a shape, text in a textbox or the textbox itself.
2. The destination being either a web address or another slide within the same Impress file.

I created all the hyperlinks by selecting the "anchor" (correct term?) and using Ctrl+K.

When exported to PDF, within Adobe Reader only some of the hyperlinks work:
1. Anything pointing to a website address
2. Hyperlinks attached to text inside a textbox, pointing to another slide within the same Impress file.

Hyperlinks attached to a shape or a textbox, that point to another slide within the same Impress file, do not work. Adobe Reader brings up an error message: “This document is trying to connect to: file:///C|Users/xxxxx/Documents/Impress%20to%20PDF%20Planner%20Test%20Runs/%23page2 If you trust this site, choose Allow. If you do not trust this site, choose Block.” (the xxxxx is my user profile name which I've blanked out)

Clicking Allow does nothing; the message disappears, but nothing else happens. The same warning comes up when a hyperlink to a web address is clicked, but Allow opens the website as expected (and doesn’t ask again if the Remember Action option is checked).

I would think its an issue with linking to slides within the same Impress file, since all website hyperlinks work, but the text hyperlink to another slide works fine.

I’ve attached an Impress file containing one of each hyperlink type, the PDF exported from it and the PDF export settings used.
1. Shape hyperlinked to Google
2. Text (inside a textbox) hyperlinked to Google
3. Textbox hyperlinked to Google (which I believe is treated as a shape, not text)
4. Shape hyperlinked to Slide 2 of the same Impress file
5. Text (inside a textbox) hyperlinked to Slide 2 of the same Impress file
6. Textbox hyperlinked to Slide 2 of the same Impress file (which I believe is treated as a shape, not text)

I will post screenshots of the settings for each hyperlink in the next post.

There is a post regarding the same issue at the end of this topic, but no solution that I can find.

Could anyone see if they get the same issue with the PDF? Or is it a known problem or something I’m doing wrong?

TIA
Attachments
Trial Run.odp
The Impress file
(15.03 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
Test 1.pdf
The PDF file
(21.11 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
The PDF Export Settings
The PDF Export Settings
LibreOffice 6.1.0.3 (x64) on Windows 10 Home
RogueBells

Re: Shape Hyperlinks to Slides not working in PDFs

Post by RogueBells »

These are the settings for each hyperlink as it was created.

The top setting in each screenshot is for the Google hyperlink, while the bottom is for Slide 2 of the same Impress file.
Attachments
Using a Textbox for the hyperlink (treated the same as a shape?)
Using a Textbox for the hyperlink (treated the same as a shape?)
Using Text (inside a textbox) for the hyperlink
Using Text (inside a textbox) for the hyperlink
Using a Shape for the Hyperlink
Using a Shape for the Hyperlink
LibreOffice 6.1.0.3 (x64) on Windows 10 Home