[Solved] Can't Make object disappear on click

Discuss the presentation application
declaration

[Solved] Can't Make object disappear on click

Post by declaration »

Hi,

I have just converted to Impress from Powerpoint but I can't figure out triggers. I need an object to disappear when it is clicked on. But when I clicked 'object interaction' there is no such option.

This is possible in Powerpoint and I really need it, so any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as Solved.
OOo 2.3.X on Ubuntu 8.x
acknak

Re: Can't Make object disappear on click

Post by acknak »

You can have an object disappear (exit) as part of the overall sequence, and the exit can be started by a click, but you cannot randomly assign animations to an object to occur when the object is clicked on.

Maybe if you can describe exactly what you're trying to do on the slide, there is another approach you can use.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
declaration

Post by declaration »

Thanks for the reply.

I regularly include 'games' in my presentations where participants can come up the the screen and answer questions from a multiple of possible answers. If the correct box is clicked, a well done sign appears, if not, nothing happens. You get the general idea.

With powerpoint, it's a case of selecting outcome (i.e. object exit) when the object is clicked on.
OOo 2.3.X on Ubuntu 8.x
acknak

Post by acknak »

Oops, I see now how you can do it.

Add an exit effect to the object. Under the timing options for the effect, you can choose between:
Animate as part of click sequence
or
Start effect on click of...

The first option is the normal animation sequence for the slide; the second allows the animation to be triggered by a click on the objects present on the slide.

Choose the second option, then choose the object (by name) that you want to tie the exit effect to.

Here's a sample:
Attachments
Choice.odp
Sample (updated with multiple choice slide)
(19.46 KiB) Downloaded 1241 times
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
declaration

Post by declaration »

Thanks for the idea. I will try it at home later and report back.
OOo 2.3.X on Ubuntu 8.x
declaration

Post by declaration »

Wow! That example worked brilliantly.

I can't thank you enough acknak. I can finally bin powerpoint for once and for all.
OOo 2.3.X on Ubuntu 8.x