Flashing text boxes

Discuss the presentation application
Shay123

Flashing text boxes

Post by Shay123 »

Hello,
Just installed Open Office 4 and went to my Impress presentations made with Libre Office 6.x
If I highlight any text box, not only do I get a big orange line around the box which seems excessive, I get a flashing orange box which is unworkable. No doubt Santa can work with this kind of flashing display but it hardly makes for sensible concentration? :D
Can I stop the flashing?
Can I reduce the orange line width?
Shay
Open Office 4, Ubuntu 18.04
Bidouille
Volunteer

Re: Flashing text boxes

Post by Bidouille »

Could you provide a sample document?
Shay123

Post by Shay123 »

Hello,
Thanks for the reply
I should mention all these documents were made in Libre Office and due to my frustrations with that and especially the latest 7 version I switched back to AOO.
It does not seem to matter if it is saved as a .odp .ppt file
I have found that if I highlight two text boxes there is no flashing
In addition when I highlight cells in Calc it completely fills the cells with the same orange colour making them unreadable.
Deliberate sabotage by my Ubuntu operating system as someone already suggested, protecting the embedded Libre Office?
Attachments
WM CASHEL.odp
(19 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
Bidouille
Volunteer

Post by Bidouille »

Shay123 wrote:I have found that if I highlight two text boxes there is no flashing
I don't see no effect in the attached document:
Capture.png
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

I saw no effect in the original supplied document, which I examined some days ago, but omitted to mention at the time.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Shay123

Post by Shay123 »

Hello,
Thanks very much for your response.
Perhaps I could assume that the effect is down to the OS (Ubuntu 18) as others have suggested. It is interesting that since returning to AOO that other effects are apparent too. Such as AOO appearing as an option for opening various types of files - LOffice is no longer installed.

As I am about to change from Ubuntu after many happy years because of its proprietary nature and the recent update that stopped my printer working because I am using non-HP cartridges, I think I will finish the thread here and wait until I install a new Linux operating system.

Thanks again!
Shay
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

The update that stopped printer working is very possibly a firmware update of the printer.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

On Slide 1 the two rectangles edges get thicker and pulsate when highlighted in both AOO and LO.

When I added a new rectangle with or without text, it does not thicken or pulsate.

When I add a new Textbox (Insert > Textbox ...) in LO it both thickens and pulsates. Note that AOO cannot add textboxes.

The coding is as below.

The first box is a text-box, has Bill it and has a frame and text-box definitions.

The second box is a rectangle added by LO, has fred in it, does not pulsate and has only a custom-shape definition.

The codings are different so I suggest the first box comes from MS Word via a .docx file. because one is a textbox and the other is a draw rectangle.

Code: Select all

<draw:frame draw:style-name="gr1" draw:text-style-name="P2" draw:layer="layout" svg:width="10.824cm" svg:height="5.994cm" svg:x="15.976cm" svg:y="1.436cm">
	<draw:text-box>
		<text:p text:style-name="P1">
			<text:span text:style-name="T1">Bill</text:span>
		</text:p>
	</draw:text-box>
</draw:frame>

<draw:custom-shape draw:style-name="gr2" draw:text-style-name="P4" draw:layer="layout" svg:width="8.2cm" svg:height="4.8cm" svg:x="16cm" svg:y="8cm">
	<text:p text:style-name="P3">fred</text:p>
	<draw:enhanced-geometry svg:viewBox="0 0 21600 21600" draw:type="rectangle" draw:enhanced-path="M 0 0 L 21600 0 21600 21600 0 21600 0 0 Z N"/>
</draw:custom-shape>
Attachments
Clipboard01.png
Clipboard01.png (8.64 KiB) Viewed 3041 times
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.