[Solved] Setup a default text Color and centre the text?

Discuss the presentation application
crayhunt

[Solved] Setup a default text Color and centre the text?

Post by crayhunt »

Hi

I am new to Apache OpenOffice.
I am using macOS Catalina version 10.15.7 and Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7.

Each slide of my Microsoft PowerPoint file contains only one or two lines of WHITE TEXT and this text is CENTERED on a (blue) slide.
When I open up the same slide in Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7, this text is (somehow) converted to BLACK TEXT and this text is Aligned to the LEFT of the (blue) slide.
This creates a problem for me.

My question is:
When I open up Microsoft PowerPoint files using Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7, can Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7 just leave the TEXT COLOUR and TEXT ALIGNMENT alone?
Alternatively can Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7 be configured to always display the text as WHITE TEXT and always CENTER this text on the (blue) SLIDE?

The problem is that I will receive many Microsoft PowerPoint slides like this in the future and I dont want to have to modify each one every time.

Thanks, RH
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
OpenOffice 4.1.7 and macOS Catalina Version 10.15.7
MrProgrammer

Re: How to setup a default text Color and centre the text?

Post by MrProgrammer »

crayhunt wrote:Each slide of my Microsoft PowerPoint file contains only one or two lines of WHITE TEXT and this text is CENTERED on a (blue) slide. When I open up the same slide in Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7, this text is (somehow) converted to BLACK TEXT and this text is Aligned to the LEFT of the (blue) slide.
Use Keynote? Q55: Why can't I open the "new" Microsoft formats, DOCX/XLSX/PPTX?

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).