[Solved] Font typing ignores settings

Discuss the presentation application
Rageling

[Solved] Font typing ignores settings

Post by Rageling »

Good afternoon.

I'm running into an issue that is far more infuriating that it should ever be.

Going to add text to the slide, I select the text tool, I set my font type (say Calibri) and size.

I click or drag where I want the text to be. I start typing.
Even at the end of everything I type, it SAYS Calibri, but I can see that it isn't correct.
I click back into the text that I've typed, and sure enough, it's all Arial.

No matter how many new fields I do, it's the same thing over and over again.
It reports correct, enters incorrect, and then pretends like that's what I wanted.

If I then select all in the field and tell it the font type yet again, it corrects for that block of text.

But I shouldn't have to do that. It should acknowledge the font type that I issue before the block is even created.

Do we have any idea why it's giving me this huge digital middle finger, and how to fix it?
I'm not looking to correct the base font for the entire program. I'm just trying to set it for this one presentation.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved.
OpenOffice 3.2.1 Windows 7 Home Premium
FJCC

Re: Font typing ignores settings

Post by FJCC »

I take it you are using the text tool on the Drawing tool bar. What works for me is to click on the text icon, draw the box and then, with the cursor now inside the box (which happens automatically when you draw it), I select the font.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Rageling

Post by Rageling »

(facepalm)

You're right.
I'm using the text icon on the top right, instead of the text tool on the bottom left.

It's been so long since I've done anything with Impress, that I completely forgot that was there.

Thanks!

But also, why are there two different text input tools?
Doesn't that seem... unnecessary?
OpenOffice 3.2.1 Windows 7 Home Premium
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

I think there is only one text tool but it can appear on several tool bars. Which icons appear on which tool bars can be customized using the menu Tools -> Customize.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.