[Workaround] Sound files in presentation

Discuss the presentation application
KazziGee

[Workaround] Sound files in presentation

Post by KazziGee »

Hi, my son is doing a presentation for school homework and we can't get a sound file to work in it. I googled and we followed instructions, but our MP3 file will not import. Error message is: The format of the selected file is not supported. What are we doing wrong?
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Work around the problem using Keynote, which is already installed on your Mac
Open Office version 4.1.7
Mac OS Catalina version 10.15.6
MrProgrammer

Re: Sound files in presentation

Post by MrProgrammer »

KazziGee wrote:Hi, my son is doing a presentation for school homework and we can't get a sound file to work in it.
There have been many reports of problems with sound in Impress presentations streching back ten years or more. You are welcome to take a look and see if any have solutions for you.
Search for mp3 at site:forum.openoffice.org

However since you have MacOS you may find it easier to create your presentation in Apple's Keynote since that's already installed on your Mac (or if not you can get it for free from the App Store). I know MP3 sound files work there. You'll need to learn how to use a new application, but this may take less time than solving the problem with Impress.
Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 09.26.09.jpg
Q59: Can I exchange documents between OpenOffice and iWork, Apple's office suite?

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).