Set Outline print left margin for hole punching

Discuss the presentation application
burnt_tuna

Set Outline print left margin for hole punching

Post by burnt_tuna »

I have looked all over and can not find a way to print the Outline of a presentation with margins so its not fitting the page boarderless. Currently It fits the page edge to edge, so if I go to hole punch it for a binder, it will go right though info.
Is there a way and im just not finding it to edit the margins before printing.
Openoffice 3.2
erbsenzahl
Volunteer

Re: Outline print margins

Post by erbsenzahl »

Hi,
try to print out as a PDF file, then open in Draw and apply margins.
Notice: In AOO you need the PDF extension, in LibreOffice it is a built-in feature to open PDFs in Draw.

See attached screenshot for "printing out" as a PDF file.
AOO417_ImpressPrintOutlineAsAPDF.png
PDF printers can easily be installed. Have a look to http://www.pdf24.org (Windows).
LibreOffice current versions 7 and OpenOffice 4.1.15
on LinuxMint 20 - 21 Mate, W10-64 pro
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

If in Impress one selects /Format /Page and defines the margins on the Page tab - these seem to be set by default to 0 on all sides - then a ghost margin marker is shown on the slide being built. For your purpose, you may only need to set the Left margin non zero - how much you will need is your choice.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
burnt_tuna

Post by burnt_tuna »

RoryOF wrote:If in Impress one selects /Format /Page and defines the margins on the Page tab - these seem to be set by default to 0 on all sides - then a ghost margin marker is shown on the slide being built. For your purpose, you may only need to set the Left margin non zero - how much you will need is your choice.

It will not let me edit the page at all. It is grayed out.
Openoffice 3.2
burnt_tuna

Post by burnt_tuna »

erbsenzahl wrote:Hi,
try to print out as a PDF file, then open in Draw and apply margins.
Notice: In AOO you need the PDF extension, in LibreOffice it is a built-in feature to open PDFs in Draw.

See attached screenshot for "printing out" as a PDF file.
AOO417_ImpressPrintOutlineAsAPDF.png
PDF printers can easily be installed. Have a look to http://www.pdf24.org (Windows).
When I do this, the format is all weird. The sentences dont even, fit on the page and are going way off. Every sentence is being treated like an image. If I open in something else like Microsoft Edge, it works but I still cant custom edit the margins. I can only decide to scale thole thing in percentages before printing.

I do have the attachment for PDF.
Openoffice 3.2