Dual monitor presentation, one screen is blank

Discuss the presentation application
Chrisinkingwood

Dual monitor presentation, one screen is blank

Post by Chrisinkingwood »

OK, I am new to making presentations like this but am having some difficulty, help is appreciated. I tried a search but did not see anything that seemed to exactly apply to my problem.

I volunteered to do a presentation for a club I am in next month and due to the pandemic it will be a Zoom meeting presentation. So I need to bring up the presentation on one of my monitors and share it with the screen using the Zoom share screen function. I am using a desktop system, not a laptop and I have 3 monitors connected. I am using Windows 10 and OO version 4.1.3

I am about half done creating my presentation and wanted to run a test. I have it open on one monitor and when I click F5 or Slide Show in the menu bar I get my presentation in Preview Mode on one monitor with the main slide on the left half and a preview of the next one to the right and a timer at the bottom but on my other monitor I only have a big empty white screen with no image of any kind. I had assumed it would have the slide show the way a viewer would see it and I would share that screen.

I looked at Slide Show Settings and the following are checked: Range-All Slides, Type-Default, Options-Animation allowed and Change slides by clicking on background, Multiple Displays-Display 3 (primary)

Anyone have any idea why I don't see the slide show the way my viewers should? I could just share the presentation screen but the preview of the next slide is distracting.
OpenOffice version 4.1.3 on Windows 10 Home OS
RoryOF

Re: Dual monitor presentation, one screen is blank

Post by RoryOF »

On my system, of three monitors, I find I get different results by changing the choice of Presentation display screen. I think you should try all three selections and All displays to see which selection is optimal for you. My unused screen can show merely the wallpaper, or with some selection I get the presentation console on one, the main OO Impress screen on another, and the Presentation on a third.

As I am using linux and X11 display manager, I doubt my detailed settings will be relevant to you.
 Edit: I strongly advise trying on the computer you will be using for the presentation, with the screens/projector connected as they will be on that occasion. If you wish presenter console and main display screen, use only those two. 
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

There is a link off the Zoom page on using dual monitors for a Zoom session to this
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... -windows-7
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

My memory, from when last I used Windows for presentation (12+ years ago) was that one had to adjust the display settings by clicking on the desktop; sometimes one had to pull a presentation window fully onto a screen, then double click it to cause it to fill that scree. Impress, or was it Powerpoint? would thereafter remember the setup.