Hyperlinks

Discuss the presentation application
afzal77

Hyperlinks

Post by afzal77 »

We have downloaded some powerpoints. When i open then in Open Office, the hyperlinks do not open up and when inspecting the link on editor there are not there.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Hyperlinks

Post by Villeroy »

afzal77 wrote:We have downloaded some powerpoints.
Please share some file demonstrating the issue.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
afzal77

Post by afzal77 »

Dear Sirs

The file size is too large but you can find the powerpoint on this site

https://www.dayslaneprimary.co.uk/bexle ... melearning

scroll to bottom and it is the

DT (01.06.20)
Week 1 - DT PPT

when i open in open office the hyperlink in slide 5 and 6 do not take me to the you tube page

Thanks
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

I'm afraid that neither OpenOffice nor LibreOffice can handle hyperlinks in PowerPoint files. LibreOffice is the more advanced successor to OpenOffice. I tested your file with AOO 4.1.7, LibreOffice 6 and LibreOffice 7.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

I assume you are talking about the watch this video link on Slide 5. What does that link point to? Is it a video on a web page? or is it a video on your PC? Can you please post the actual link here so we can check it.
Clipboard02.png
When I right-click and choose Interaction ..., it says No action. Are you sure it works in PowerPoint?
Clipboard2.png
I ask because there is almost certainly a simple workaround.

An alternative, of course, would be for you to use AOO or LO or, at least, to offer a .odp file as an alternative to the .pptx file.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

As John_Ha suggested, you can assign an interaction to the "Play" icons in your .odp document:
Interaction.png

An another solution: you can assign a Macro (named: "myLink1") to the "Play" icon:

Code: Select all

Sub myLink1
	myHyperlink("https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIBjmHSHs-w")
End Sub

Sub myHyperlink(myURl as string)
 Dim oSys as Object

oSys = CreateUnoService("com.sun.star.system.SystemShellExecute")
	oSys.execute(myUrl, "", 0)
End Sub
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

I just assigned the macro to the "play" icon on the first slide, and assigned some YouTube "documents" (hyperlinks) directly to the "play" icons of the second slide.

(The other slides, and the large pixel-size pictures have been deleted from the sample file. The sample file was saved as a native .odp file in my LibreOffice 6.2.8. The YouTube "documents" are LibreOffice-related videos)
Week 1 - DT PPT-78894_unused.odp
(108.27 KiB) Downloaded 242 times
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
afzal77

Post by afzal77 »

Many thanks, will try Libra office as as alternative.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Many thanks, will try Libra office as as alternative.

Otherwise, the macro can run in Apache OpenOffice too, and the direct associations work in the AOO too.
If you change to LibreOffice anyway, the please update your signature in this forum.

But you MUST use the native file formats for AOO and LO - when you use macros; and strongly recommended to use the native file formats in every other cases for the AOO and the LO.
The ODF file formats (.odt, .ods, .odp, ,odg, ...) are International ISO Standards.