[Solved] Getting True Full-Page Background Image

Discuss the presentation application
EternalNuallan

[Solved] Getting True Full-Page Background Image

Post by EternalNuallan »

Hello everyone,

I've been experimenting with Apache OpenOffice to see if I can use it to design tabletop RPG books. However a major problem I've ran into is that the program doesn't seem to support full-age background images without having a white margin around the text areas, the problem is that if I expand the margins to allow the image to fit the whole page, that makes handling the text a massive headache. I know I could technically just manually import the image after I'm done with the text and put it to the back layer, but that would be a massive pain with the scope I'm looking at. Is there some sort of 'transparent margins' option?

Sincerely,
Nua'
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Fri May 22, 2020 1:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
Open Office 4.1.5
Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Need Help Getting True Full-Page Background Image

Post by Zizi64 »

the program doesn't seem to support full-age background images without having a white margin around the text areas, the problem is that if I expand the margins to allow the image to fit the whole page, that makes handling the text a massive headache. I know I could technically just manually import the image after I'm done with the text and put it to the back layer, but that would be a massive pain with the scope I'm looking at. Is there some sort of 'transparent margins' option?
Do you want to place the picture on the Page background, ot onto Page Style background?

Workaround methods:

- If you want a whole page picture on the cover page only, then you can create, set and apply a different page style (with zero margin values) for the first page. Import the picture into the Background images store (of the page Styles), and apply it to to the Background bitmap of the Page Style.

- If you want the full page pictures inside the document - without any text - the you can use similar method: create, set and apply a different page style (with zero margin values) for the pictures.

- If you want write text on the background picture then you must use the Paragraph styles. Set the margins to zero value, and set the Before and After indents of the Default paragraph style to the value of the old Left-Right margins (+ the value of the desired indents).
Image in the background of the page style.png
The attached picture was created in my LibreOffice 6.2.8. Maybe some features in the LibreOffice are different (better maybe) than in the Apache OpenOffice.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
EternalNuallan

Re: Need Help Getting True Full-Page Background Image

Post by EternalNuallan »

Perfect, thank you so much for your help! :)
Open Office 4.1.5
Windows 10