Onclick audio file possible?

Discuss the presentation application
philbo88

Onclick audio file possible?

Post by philbo88 »

Hello

I have inserted a small audio file (.mp3) into a presetntation slide and set it to transition OnClick but its just plays regardless as soon as slide loads up. I tried Onclick transition on the title but still it just plays regardless. Is there any way I can stop it from playing as soon as slide loads ? Thanks
Open Office 4.1.7
Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Onclick audio file possible?

Post by Villeroy »

Insert>Hyperlink...
Choose "Document" on the left
Click the file opener and point to your music file.
Add some text.
Click Apply and Close
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
philbo88

Post by philbo88 »

Thanks Villeroy I have done that now and oddly the Mp3 will play when I click the link in design mode but when I actually run the slideshow and click on the link I get nothing just goes straight to next slide?
Open Office 4.1.7
Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Indeed, this was a bad idea. However, I notice that the music stops when you switch to the next slide. You could make 3 almost identical slides, first without the music thing, next one playing music and the last one stopping the music.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
philbo88

Post by philbo88 »

:) I'll make do with the original idea and just have an Onclick Button to continue to next slide when the snippet has played. Its limited but hey its still a great free resource.
Open Office 4.1.7
Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6