Impress image insertion impediment

Discuss the presentation application
sierradave

Impress image insertion impediment

Post by sierradave »

Edit: Split from Impress (PowerPoint) Image Insert Bug — MrProgrammer 2020-05-13 01:00 
Did this ever get solved? My issue is the same: I try to paste an image onto the page (being absolutely sure it is not going into an existing text box) and the image gets tiled into the text box. The only way I've been able to solve this is to create a new slide, drop the image in first, and then copy/paste the text box in. BIG pain in butt. (And this wasn't happening on this file for many iterations; it just started.)
OpenOffice 4 Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Impress image insertion impediment

Post by Zizi64 »

I try to paste an image onto the page (being absolutely sure it is not going into an existing text box) and the image gets tiled into the text box.
My hints:

- Use the regular way from the menu:
Insert - Picture - From file
(instead of the copy-paste or drag-drop method).

- If the creating of the textboxes was the last action, hit an ESC before you try to embed pictures.

Did this ever get solved?
- The development of the AOO is terrible slowened. Try the LibreOffice.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Impress image insertion impediment

Post by John_Ha »

See [Tutorial] Some useful hints on using images and especially anchor and wrap options.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.