Impress 4.1.5 Editable Text Fields

Discuss the presentation application
jmorris1@

Impress 4.1.5 Editable Text Fields

Post by jmorris1@ »

Hi. I hope there is a way to do this and I just can't find it. I'm wanting to add editable text field(s) to a slide(s) (like in Powerpoint) so I am able to change numbers variably (kind of like a scoreboard). Please help. I did search for this issue and saw it about 3 years ago and just hoping maybe something has changed.

Thank you!
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 8.1
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Impress 4.1.5 Editable Text Fields

Post by Zizi64 »

I'm wanting to add editable text field(s) to a slide(s) (like in Powerpoint) so I am able to change numbers variably (kind of like a scoreboard).
I never used the Powerpoint, I do not know anything about the features of the older/newer versions of the Powerpoint.
Is this text field editable during the Slide show, or is it editable when you edit the Impress document?
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
jmorris1@

Post by jmorris1@ »

Hi. Thank you so much for your reply. It is editable during the slide show on Powerpoint. The power point shows the text box added by going into the Developer tab. I did find a way in Impress to get a text box to show up on the slide by creating a form with a text box but when I play the show it doesn't let me type anything in.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

It is editable during the slide show on Powerpoint.
I do not know about any similar feature in the AOO/LO Impress.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
jmorris1@

Post by jmorris1@ »

Thank you
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 8.1
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

This original request of this thread has now been posted to the user mailing list.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS