Can imported calc data be updated during Impress Pres

Discuss the presentation application
TTL

Can imported calc data be updated during Impress Pres

Post by TTL »

Hello,

I'm looking at making a monthly sales report presentation that will be displayed on an LCD TV mounted in the main section of our sales dept. The data presented in the Impress presentation will be imported from a Calc spreadheet. I wanted to know if it was possible to have the Impress slider check for updated data upon the beginning of each slide if I happen to have changed any data in the Calc spreadheet linked to the slides?

Thanks
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 10
RusselB

Re: Can imported calc data be updated during Impress Pres

Post by RusselB »

Being a user of Calc, but not Impress, and based on how Calc updates external references, I'm going to guess that all of the data for the presentation would have to be updated before the presentation starts.
This also makes sense to me based on the fact that presentations in Impress, like Powerpoint, are timed, thus the information for each slide needs to be ready before the slide and updating data from an external source is unpredictable as to the amount of time required for the updates.
I'm not saying that what you are asking about is impossible, just, to me, unrealistic.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Bidouille
Volunteer

Post by Bidouille »

RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Have you tried /Insert /Object : OLE object? I vaguely remember that there may be hooks to inform the destination that the object has changed.

I have no experience with this, so cannot help beyond this suggestion.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS