[Solved] How to use a cell like a page in Calc?

Discuss the spreadsheet application
mtnylmz

[Solved] How to use a cell like a page in Calc?

Post by mtnylmz »

Can I use a cell in Calc like a page. I want to use two lines in a cell but I cannot do it. Cells seem to be only one line. When I click on "enter", I pass to another cell. Is it possible?
Last edited by mtnylmz on Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OppenOffice 4.1.12 on Windows 10
FJCC

Re: How to use a cell like a page in Calc?

Post by FJCC »

Double click on a cell to put the edit cursor in the cell. Type the first line of text then press Ctrl + Enter to move to the second line.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Cazer

Re: How to use a cell like a page in Calc?

Post by Cazer »

Yes, you can indeed use a cell in Calc almost like a mini-page! As FJCC mentioned, you'll need to double-click the cell to put the edit cursor in it. Type your first line, then press Ctrl + Enter to start a new line within the same cell. Just remember that the text edit cursor has to be inside the cell, not at the input line, for this to work​.
For more information on how to navigate cells and customize the effect of the Enter key, you might find this article from the OpenOffice wiki really helpful: https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Docume ... eadsheets
OpenOffice 4.1.14
OS
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] How to use a cell like a page in Calc?

Post by Zizi64 »

Without Ctrl-Enter:

Set the Automatic wrap property in the applied cell style.The text will flow into the next line inside a single cell when the text exceed the cell width.
Multiline cell by Wrap automatically option.ods
(17.14 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
Sample file created in LibreOffice 7.4.6
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.