How to view all my documents in Windows documents list

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
Hagar Delest

Re: How to view all my documents in Windows documents list

Post by Hagar Delest »

They are 2 different things. The recent list from Apache OpenOffice (AOO), that is vertical but inside AOO. And a Windows feature that you want to stack up the files vertically.

Your problem is an Operating System thing. You should go see a local shop where you''l be able to explain what you want.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

Mostly replying to RoryOF.

There is a configuration setting - Windows 7 at least - that allows recently opened documents to be listed when right clicking on the application icon. Apparently there can be a recent docs listing in the start menu as well; this may be what is sometimes referred to as a jump list, although I couldn't get that to work on an old Win7 machine I have laying around. All that said, there is a still open bug report for OpenOffice documents not appearing https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=122809
The initial and continuing problem is that when multiple Oo documents exist in the taskbar they align horizontally instead of vertically.
From that remark, I'm guessing that the issue may relate to the individual icons that are displayed for each AOO document that is opened, in addition to the main application icon - OP may wish to confirm this is what is meant. If so, that is as Hagar says a Windows matter.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

But what I don't understand is that it seems that it used to work and then suddenly it stopped working.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

What I don't understand is why separate icons are being shown on the Taskbar. It's my understanding that Windows 10 had an option to "Never combine taskbar buttons", but that option was removed from Windows 11. There are plans to bring that option back, but it hasn't been released yet. Could there be a third party utility installed that turns on the option?

Windows 11 finally gets a 'never combine taskbar buttons' mode
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
JamesEJ

Post by JamesEJ »

OK thanks for the thought bud. Keep in mind though I did have vertical lists of Oo documents normally. This Horizontal "gift" just now appeared out of the blue. Thanks for the thought! :-P
Open Office writer 4.1.1
windows 7 home premium
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

JamesEJ wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:38 pm Keep in mind though I did have vertical lists of Oo documents normally. This Horizontal "gift" just now appeared out of the blue.
Did you check to see if that option has been restored in your Windows 11? If the option isn't in Windows 11, you should ask about this problem on a Windows 11 forum. Experienced Windows 11 users might know from the description what is happening and how to fix it. I don't use Windows 11 so all I can do is guess about the problem.
JamesEJ

Post by JamesEJ »

This feature always existed on Oo with this Windows 11. It just went away all of a sudden. Why would some other Windows 11 forum without Oo provide better advice?
Open Office writer 4.1.1
windows 7 home premium
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

Because it is a Windows thing - Windows manages the taskbar, not AOO. This is not a Windows 11 forum - it is for support of the Apache OpenOffice suite, not for support of the various operating systems on which it can be run.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
JamesEJ

Post by JamesEJ »

how about this one? https://www.elevenforum.com/
Open Office writer 4.1.1
windows 7 home premium
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

Not being a Windows user, I can't offer any recommendations about Windows oriented forums.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

JamesEJ wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:07 pm The orb with the seagulls is there. But when I hover over the orb, only the 4 documents I have open appear solely horizontally not vertically like I know it is supposed to be.
If I recall correctly, hovering over a grouped Taskbar button just displays thumbnails of the open documents. To open the jump list for the button, try right-clicking the button.

I just noticed the link to a bug posted by robleyd https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=122809 . This bug states "...an OpenOffice component pinned to the Start menu or to the Task bar does not implement Windows Jump list features.", so I no longer have any idea what produced the "vertical list" of documents at the bottom when the computer was opened.