How to work with OpenOffice from web page?

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
Tpona

How to work with OpenOffice from web page?

Post by Tpona »

Hi there!

I'm looking for a way to work with OpenOffice documents inside my software written in React.
It uses report templates to generate filled files based on those templates. The filling process happens on the server side, but I need to create a user-friendly process for editing the templates.

So, I suggested that I could open the templates by running OpenOffice, and then retrieve the edited document from OpenOffice and send it to the backend for saving. However, I am a newbie with OpenOffice and am looking for advice on how to do this.

I would appreciate any advice you can give me.
Thx
OpenOffice 3.1 on Astra Linux
Cazer

Re: How to work with OpenOffice from web page?

Post by Cazer »

Hey @Tpona! Sorry for a belated reply, but I still wanna share some tips.
It's great that you're looking to integrate OpenOffice with your React application. To achieve this, you might consider using the UNO API, which allows you to control OpenOffice programmatically. However, bear in mind that it could be a complex task for a beginner.
Another approach could be to use a cloud-based document editing API like OnlyOffice or Collabora, which support OpenOffice document formats and can be more easily integrated with web apps.
Remember to consider user security and privacy with either approach. Good luck!
OpenOffice 4.1.14
OS