[Solved] Remove item from File → Recent Documents

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
wdc

[Solved] Remove item from File → Recent Documents

Post by wdc »

Using OOWrite, I can see a listing of the "most recent 10 files" I have created.How do I <<delete>> one of those files? Is that file then destroyed, or is it saved somewhere? .... Thanks for your help? ..... wdc

Edit: Changed subject, was Deleting items in AOO Writer "Recent Messages" list 
Make your post understandable by others 
-- MrProgrammer, forum moderator 
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved] -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
OpenOffice 4.1.11 for Windows in English/ W11.1 (with Chrome)
Hagar Delest

Re: Deleting items in OOWrite "Recent Messages" list

Post by Hagar Delest »

Deleting the file in the AOO recent documents list will NOT delete the actual file.

I don't remember for AOO. In LibreOffice you can remove the entries from the start center, it will remove them from the recent list too.

See also for AOO: [Solved] Clearing Recent Document History and [Solved] Remove file from Recent Documents list.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the 🖉 button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
RoryOF

Re: Deleting items in AOO Writer "Recent Messages" list

Post by RoryOF »

OpenOffice only allows "Clear list" (setting at the bottom of list). The files still remain in their Saved location.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
wdc

Post by wdc »

Hagar Delest and RoryOF: Thanks for responding so quickly. So, my only option to clear space for new files is to delete ALL 10 of the files currently on the list? Am I reading you right? .... wdc
OpenOffice 4.1.11 for Windows in English/ W11.1 (with Chrome)
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Yes, all or nothing in OpenOffice.

If you install HistoryMaster extension you might have other choices, but I do not know.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

It's one of the nice features in LO. You can easily clean the list with the start center. Easy access to recent files, especially if the first page of your text documents looks like a cover, you can visually spot the one you need very quickly.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

wdc wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:03 pm So, my only option to clear space for new files is to delete ALL 10 of the files currently on the list? Am I reading you right? .... wdc
It is not necessary to "clear space for new files"; as you Edit and Save new files, the oldest item on the list will scroll off and the newest will be added. The list shows the ten last OpenOffice files you have used.