[Solved] Music collection again, sorry

Discuss the database features
OldMan63

[Solved] Music collection again, sorry

Post by OldMan63 »

After a HD crash, I lost my base music collection. The mp.3 files, lucky me, I had on a external HDD and on USB sticks as back-up.

I was looking after my old music file here and I need an other with some improvements.

In the base form Media: Media I don't need it. In the calc file I have 2 new columns: Location HDD and Location USB. Is it possible to implant it in the music .odb .
The old one is made by Villeroy and is it possible to make one Form like Form Performers with the improvements from the calc file?
Sorry, but it is difficult for me.... I don't get it wel, after a lot of tryings.

Han
Attachments
Map1.ods
(13.03 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
music.odb
(44 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved.
Open Office 3.1 on Linux Mint 20.2
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Re: Music collection again, sorry

Post by UnklDonald418 »

See if this will work for you.
I added 2 tables "Location" lists all the possible locations and can be edited with the Form document Locations
"Loc_Title" is an intersection table similar to "Media_Title" that allows multiple locations be selected for each song as indicated by your spreadsheet. That table can be view/edited using either Performers01 or Title01
I added a query qListBoxLocation for use by the List boxes on the added Form documents.
I also added a query qAllByLocation that could be used to generate a report listing all the songs by location. I did not generate a report.
It appears your report was generated with the OO default report writer. Most users switch to the more powerful Oracle-report-builder extension.
https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/pr ... rt-builder
Attachments
music01.odb
(71.36 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
OldMan63

Re: Music collection again, sorry

Post by OldMan63 »

Unk Donald,

THX for your effort. It works well.

Han
Open Office 3.1 on Linux Mint 20.2