[Solved] Planetary symbols ☿ ♀ ♁ ♂ ♃ ♄ ♅ ♆ ♇

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
rwlisi72

[Solved] Planetary symbols ☿ ♀ ♁ ♂ ♃ ♄ ♅ ♆ ♇

Post by rwlisi72 »

In the wingbats there are glyphs for astrological signs, but I can't find anything for the planets. Are there any?

Edit: Changed subject, was Astrology glyphs 
Make your post understandable by others 
You say that you want planetary symbols, not astrology symbols.
-- MrProgrammer, forum moderator 
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved] -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
open office 4.1.12
Hagar Delest

Re: astrology glyphs

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

This has nothing to do with an office suite. Have you searched for fonts with astrology characters? A quick search gave me plenty of them with the planets.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the *EDIT button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
rwlisi72

Re: Astrology glyphs

Post by rwlisi72 »

I have found glyphs for windows, but do not seem to work in office.
open office 4.1.12
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

I have found glyphs for windows, but do not seem to work in office.
Are they in a font set? Then try to install the font to the operating system, and restart the office suite (or the PC).
Then - if that Font is compatible with the office suites -, you will able use them. That is an another question, how you can insert a specific "letter" (gliph) into an ODF document. With Keyboard? With its Code? With some Macro?

Are they standalone image files? Use the insert - Image feature of the office suite. If the file type is compatible with the Office suites, then you can embed them into outr document.

Can you upload or link that gliphs what you have found?
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

Use a Unicode font instead of Wingbats. The Unicode code points can be found on Wikipedia:

Astronomical symbols
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

rwlisi72 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:06 pm In the wingbats …
I am not familiar with the term "wingbats". Do you perhaps mean Wingdings or Dingbats?

rwlisi72 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:06 pm I can't find anything for the planets.
All you need to do is install a font containing the Planetary Symbols on your computer. Then restart your computer and you will be able to use the symbols from that font. Use a web search to find a suitable font. Installing a font on your computer of off-topic for an OpenOffice forum and I cannot provide assistance with that.

The planets are in the Miscellaneous Symbols block at codepoints U+263F to U+2647. My OpenOffice has the DejaVu Serif font and it contains those symbols. Use the Insert → Special Character dialog to access them after you've installed the proper font. If you need assistance with that dialog, press its Help button.
Planets.gif
Planets.gif (63.62 KiB) Viewed 3051 times

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

I believe DejaVu Serif is installed by OpenOffice and LibreOffice, so it should already be available on any computer where OpenOffice or LibreOffice has been installed.
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Planetary symbols

Post by Bill »

Fonts which have the Neptune symbol:

NEPTUNE (U+2646) Font Support