[Solved] Can't terminate compare feature

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Joakim1970

[Solved] Can't terminate compare feature

Post by Joakim1970 »

When I compared two documents, the cells with different content got a red frame. After finishing the comparation and closing both documents, I opened the first document and the cells are still marked red, and a comment is displayed when I hover over the cell. How do I get rid of this?
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Open Office 4.1.9, Windows 11
RusselB

Re: Can't terminate compare function

Post by RusselB »

I believe you right click on the cell then select Comment -> Remove (or maybe Delete).
I don't use comments on my spreadsheets, so I can't say for sure.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

Joakim1970 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:07 pm After finishing the comparation and closing both documents, I opened the first document and the cells are still marked red, and a comment is displayed when I hover over the cell. How do I get rid of this?
Read sections Comparing documents and especially Accepting or rejecting changes in Calc Guide: Chapter 11 Sharing and Reviewing Documents.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
Joakim1970

Post by Joakim1970 »

MrProgrammer wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:56 am Read sections Comparing documents and especially Accepting or rejecting changes in Calc Guide: Chapter 11 Sharing and Reviewing Documents.
Thank you! That solved the problem.
Open Office 4.1.9, Windows 11