[Solved] Saving settings

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
IanP

[Solved] Saving settings

Post by IanP »

Hi all,

My PC crashed permanently and I had to buy a new one. It took a while to personalise the toolbars for text and spreadsheets after installing OO on the new machine. Shortly after, I had to deal with a security issue that involved resetting Windows, resulting in loss of all third party software, including OO. Once again I had to spend time personalising the toolbars.

Is there a function equivalent to, for example, exporting/importing favourites/bookmarks in Firefox, please, so I can save time in future?

Thanks,

Ian
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 7
FJCC

Re: Saving settings

Post by FJCC »

All of your customized settings are saved in the folder C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\OpenOffice\4\user (where userame is the user name for your account on the computer). You can access that folder by typing %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the address bar of a folder. Make a copy of the folder and use it to replace the default folder on a new installation.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
IanP

Re: Saving settings

Post by IanP »

Many thanks for that. I'll add the file to my back up routine. If I can find them, I'll do the same for Opera and Firefox, as I lose all my bookmarks in such an event unless I export them regularly.

Ian
Hagar Delest

Re: [Solved] Saving settings

Post by Hagar Delest »

Beware that there are cache folders in the Firefox profile, you may add exceptions to the folders list.
The /backup folder in the AOO profile can also grow very large if you have activated the option to create a backup copy each time you open a file.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
IanP

Re: [Solved] Saving settings

Post by IanP »

Thanks Hagar. You've reminded me that I used to get very large back up files using Mozilla. In this case, I only needed to back up once to preserve my preferences and I can export and save bookmarks separately.