[Dropped] How to hide particular rows?

Discuss the spreadsheet application
brannsiu

[Dropped] How to hide particular rows?

Post by brannsiu »

I am using rows in spreadsheet to keep a short summary of my orders, there are usually only two status - 1. Processing, 2. Finished.

I do not want to delete the finished order, but I want to hide them from the spreadsheet for easier view.
Is it possible to show only particular rows?
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Dropped: No attachment provided when requested -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
Openoffice 4.1.8 and unspecified version of LibreOffice
FJCC

Re: how to hide particular rows?

Post by FJCC »

The usual way to hide rows is with a filter, using the menu Data -> Filter. The AutoFilter should be sufficient.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
brannsiu

Re: how to hide particular rows?

Post by brannsiu »

FJCC wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:47 pm The usual way to hide rows is with a filter, using the menu Data -> Filter. The AutoFilter should be sufficient.
When I clicked on AutoFilter it returned an error box - Warning - AutoFilter not possible
FJCC

Re: How to hide particular rows?

Post by FJCC »

Can you upload a small file demonstrating the problem? To upload a file, click Post Reply and look for the Attachments just below the box where you type a response.
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
brannsiu

Post by brannsiu »

autofilternotpossible.jpg
autofilternotpossible.jpg (9.17 KiB) Viewed 904 times
FJCC wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:55 pm Can you upload a small file demonstrating the problem? To upload a file, click Post Reply and look for the Attachments just below the box where you type a response.
Can you please show me step by step how to make it to achieve my purpose? (e.g. AutoFilter) I am a real beginner.
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

Sorry I was unclear. Please upload a Calc file that has the problem when you try to use AutoFilter.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

autofilternotpossible.jpg
That Error message only appeared for me when I try to filter an empty cell range.

Maybe there are Merged cell ranges in the range that you want to filter (?)

Can you upload a small ODF type sample file here? The fie size limit is 128 KiB in this forum.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
brannsiu

Post by brannsiu »

Hi all above, please understand that I have almost NO knowledge about word and excel. Would you just show me an example of how to achieve my purpose?

e.g. hide rows that fulfill particular criteria whenever I want and let them show up again whenever I want.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

In the AOO/LO Calc application you can HIDE whole rows and/or whole columns, but not a part of a row/column.

And you can PROTECT unique cell contents or cell ranges (with Hide option). You must switch ON the Sheet protection after you have set the protection properties of the desired cells/cell ranges. You can do it with/without password.

And you can FORMAT some cells and cell ranges with invisible content (white letters on a white background)

What do you want to do really?

Please upload YOUR sample file here.
Last edited by Zizi64 on Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

We are trying to tell you how to achieve your purpose. One step of that process is getting a file from you that produces the error you are seeing when you try to filter the data. Using a file from you is very helpful because, as a novice, you may not be aware that some feature of your file requires special instructions. Working with a file we know causes you a problem allows us to give instructions that work for your specific situation.
Please upload a Calc file that throws the error and explain which rows you want to hide.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/d ... p?id=38070
Use the auto-filter buttons in the cells A1:D1.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

brannsiu wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:57 pm Can you please show me step by step how to make it to achieve my purpose? (e.g. AutoFilter) I am a real beginner.
Press F1 to open Help. Search for "autofilter". Read the instructions. If you need someone to tell you how to use the Autofilter step by step, upload a sample file. Without a sample file, no one knows how your data is organized.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
Mountaineer

Post by Mountaineer »

OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista