Use Base form to send data to Calc

Discuss the database features
chainivory

Use Base form to send data to Calc

Post by chainivory »

Edit: Split from [Solved] Use Base to create a Calc spreadsheet because that topic is solved so you need your own. If you had the same problem you could use the same solution. Please do not post in another's topic unless you are helping to solve their problem for them. 

What i was looking for during my search which led me to this conversation is similar to this topic.
Im new so, i get it, its hard dealing with ig orance but...

The copy and paste action required to move data produced by a form within base, could be streamlined with an action option for the form button, so that when working with the form you can output the data you collected into a spreadsheet ready to be worked with. This way the data stays safe from any tampering, but can be easily placed within calc at the click of a button.

Is there a way to do this? That way i can store my data in base to keep it safe, then use the forms and queries to produce data results and then export the form and querry data results into calc? Then i can ise the data within calcs purview and put the data to work.

I am still exploring the basics of base right now. The tutorials seem to focus on bringing data from calc into base but not from base into calc. I am hoping, with the power of forms and querries we can make this possible.
It does seem to be a powerful.optionwhich libreoffice users would appreciate, hopefully it is already there and i have only not uet stumbled upon it.

Thanks everyone, i hope work is still being done o the libre office effort.
Libreoffice 7.4.1.2 win10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Use Base form to send data to Calc

Post by Villeroy »

https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/v ... 427#p96427

(ignore any macro warnings. there is not a single macro involved)
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice