Change user interface appearance

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
brannsiu

Change user interface appearance

Post by brannsiu »

I mean, overall layout, buttons, size of buttons, colors, I am tired of the current appearance. Is there any temperate? and how to use them?
Openoffice 4.1.8 and unspecified version of LibreOffice
robleyd

Re: How to change the interface?

Post by robleyd »

Colours - Tools | Options | OpenOffice | Appearance
Icons - Tools | Options | OpenOffice | View and look under User Interface. There aren't a lot of options.

If you want more configuration options, you'll need to use LibreOffice.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
brannsiu

Re: How to change the interface?

Post by brannsiu »

robleyd wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:33 am Colours - Tools | Options | OpenOffice | Appearance
Icons - Tools | Options | OpenOffice | View and look under User Interface. There aren't a lot of options.

If you want more configuration options, you'll need to use LibreOffice.
I was using LIbreOffice but the problem was the Save button in LibreOffice wasn't obvious. When it required saving, it only appeared a tiny star but when no saving was needed, the button didn't go grey and still save on click
Hagar Delest

Re: Change user interface appearance

Post by Hagar Delest »

You should update your signature to tell that you use LO.

Have you checked the icon theme extensions?
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
brannsiu

Post by brannsiu »

Hagar Delest wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:35 am You should update your signature to tell that you use LO.

Have you checked the icon theme extensions?
I'm using both OO and LO. My friend who is a web programmer has tested, he said there was no such icon in LO that can act like that the save button in OO.
LastUnicorn

Post by LastUnicorn »

I'm using LibreOffice utilising the Colibre icon style. When a document has been altered (and hence qualifies for saving) a red circle appears over the floppy disk (save) icon. The circle is quite noticeable so I don't see how you have difficulty with that — give it a try.

Also, on the status bar — at the very bottom of the Writer window — look to the extreme left of the status bar and you will see a small floppy disk icon there. It operates in the way that you would like to see the main icon working — albeit that it is very small and to my mind looks like an unnecessary afterthought on the part of the developers. It turns a red colour if a save is necessary and is a grey colour if no amendments have been made to the document since the last save. If it is a red colour and you want to save the document just click once on the icon and the save will be made.

Above said, it is very easy to train oneself to just use the keyboard combination Ctrl+S to save a document without resorting to the mouse.
Windows 10 Pro. x64
LibreOffice (Still) 7.6.5.2 (x64) Fully installed to system
LibreOffice (Still) Portable 7.6.5.2 (x86) [PortableApps]
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

the problem was the Save button in LibreOffice wasn't obvious. When it required saving, it only appeared a tiny star but when no saving was needed, the button didn't go grey and still save on click
Yes, you can save the document in LO even if not changed the content. It is a problem for you?
The little star on the Save Icon indicates that the document has changed. It is same feature as the greyed/non-greyed icon.

You can download and install Iconset extensions directly from the Settings inside the LibreOffice. AOO has not such feature.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.