Apache OpenOffice Calc on an Android tablet

Issues with smartphones, tablets and all portable devices
SteveHarper

Apache OpenOffice Calc on an Android tablet

Post by SteveHarper »

I have looked for the app on Play Store for Apache open Office Calc on an android tablet. Can't see anything.
If anyone has an idea, i'd be pleased to here.
OpenOffice4.1.5
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Apache open Office Calc on an android tablet

Post by Zizi64 »

Try the LibreOffice or the CollaboraOffice:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ibreoffice
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
SteveHarper

Re: Apache OpenOffice Calc on an Android tablet

Post by SteveHarper »

A possible alternative could be a Windows 10 tablet perhaps?
Presumably I can create new invoices, edit existing invoices, and they will be backed up on my Microsoft Cloud account?
OpenOffice4.1.5
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

There is AndrOpen Office; it is not an official port of, nor affiliated with, Apache OpenOffice and it is not supported here.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

A possible alternative could be a Windows 10 tablet perhaps?
If the application installation of that Windows 10 is limited to the Microsoft Store, then you will find the available open source Office Suites: Collabora Office (for the enterprises) and Apache OpenOffice for free.
(Collabora Office is the enterprise-ready version of the world’s most widely used Open Source office suite – LibreOffice.)
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Mountaineer

Post by Mountaineer »

SteveHarper wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:43 am A possible alternative could be a Windows 10 tablet perhaps?
Presumably I can create new invoices, edit existing invoices, and they will be backed up on my Microsoft Cloud account?
Let's start at the end. Clients to sync files are available, but don't expect to save directly from AndrOffice etc to Dropbox, OneDrive, GoogleDrive or your NAS. Also keep an eye on mobile data traffic, especially if you pay for it...

A Tablet with Windows should run AOO or LO without problems, if you didn't use the S-Mode (Starter). But there us a Variant of LibreOffice available by Allotropia as I remember, if you don't want to leave the S-Mode, wich is restricted to use the MS-Store.
However: Keep in mind to use an external keyboard as the virtual keyboard uses a lot of your place on screen. So my choice is a laptop, where I can detach the keyboard (I used an Acer Switch 12) or with 360° rotating keyboard hinges as my Lenovo-Yoga. Not meant as advertisment, but as examples- both are no longer available, but there are similiar types.

If you consider to work on Android/IOS test your use-cases. The ported aps are often restricted by the other operating system (I really doubt we will ever see Base running on a mobile office) or restrictions of the shop to load external code like java for security reasons.
I tried older versions on android and decided not to put work in this direction, but stay with windows/linux. I like collabora's idea of a cloud-based LO, but as I often work in trains my office will stay "offline-first".

So you may write an invoice on your mobile, but check if mail-merge is working and where your customers data are.

J.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
SteveHarper

Post by SteveHarper »

Many thanks for everyone's advise. I think Win 10 tablet is the way to go.
OpenOffice4.1.5