Link in PDF Exports not working

Discuss the presentation application
k9fan777

Link in PDF Exports not working

Post by k9fan777 »

Hi,

I have a presentation that has internal links to other slides. Inside OpenOffice the links work just fine. When I try to export the PDF version I get the following error when I click on the link in PDF Xchange or in Internet Explorer:

Also, I'd love for the internal links to work but also for the notes in the slides to be visible under the slide in the PDF.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Windows 11
FJCC

Re: Link in PDF Exports not working

Post by FJCC »

If I set up a hyperlink to Page 2 (Página 2) as shown in the image, it works in a PDF version. How is yours set up?
link.JPG
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
k9fan777

Post by k9fan777 »

Exactly the same as far as I can tell. I'm making my link on a textbox.

FJCC

Post by FJCC »

I made a text box using the tool from the Drawing tool bar (i.e. the T icon) and a hyperlink to that worked in the exported PDF file. I even named the text box Outer Cover in case the space in the name might matter. Can you make a small Impress file with a link to a text box and post the file here. I'll try exporting it and see if the link works for me.
How are you exporting to PDF? I am using the menu File -> Export to PDF, accepting the default settings.
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
k9fan777

Post by k9fan777 »

Download the sample file here

So this was a presentation that I had originally made in MS Powerpoint and opened in Impress.

If I delete the original text box, redraw them, and relink them highlighting the TEXT inside the text box instead of the text box itself, it seems to work. However, one of the slides I am linking to is hidden since the only way I want people to go to the slide is when they click to the link. The hidden slide does not work. I have made a simple two-slide presentation and exported the PDF also so hopefully you can see what I'm talking about in the final PDF.

Thank you for the help.
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

I opened Test.pdf and when I click on the words Outer Cover on the first slide the file jumps to the second slide. That is what you want, right? I suspect I am missing your point. However, the second slide is not hidden as it is in the odp version of the file. I do not know if it is possible to have a hidden slide in a pdf. I have never tried that.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

FJCC wrote:I do not know if it is possible to have a hidden slide in a pdf. I have never tried that.
See Omitting hidden slides from PDF export

I suggest the OP tries LibreOffice as things may be better in LO.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.