[Solved] Toggle buttons in slideshow

Discuss the presentation application
tayzyboy

[Solved] Toggle buttons in slideshow

Post by tayzyboy »

Hi all, first post here.
I'm a teacher trying to create a game within openoffice impress. (V 4.1.7 - Windows 10)

I'm trying to make a clickable toggle button which can be clicked on during the presentation. For example, a box which is red. When you click on it it goes green. Click again and its red again (needs to be clickable multiple times)
Alternatively, another object which could be clicked on to make a second object appear or dissapear is fine. I'm just wanting any kind of togglable object.

So far I've been using custom animations to get objects to dissapear by using "start effect on click of <object>". This part works great for making objects permanently dissapear.
I've tried using one clickable object to make a second object appear - which it does. Then clicking the second object to make it dissapear...which it does. However clicking on the first object a second time doesnt make the second object reappear. Its a one time thing.

Emphasis - seems a one time thing too. I can click the object to change its colour, then use a second object to change the colour back, but again it wont repeat when clicking on the first object.

Any way to make this work?
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved] -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
Windows 10
Open office 4.1.7
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Toggle buttons in slideshow

Post by Villeroy »

Do you have any programming background?
Attachments
t107212.odp
(15.91 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
tayzyboy

Post by tayzyboy »

Thanks , looks great. Though I'm unsure what I need to do with that. - also as it stands does nothing in the slideshow.
Unfortunately my programming abilities stopped after a bit og BASIC on the C64, so I'm unlikely to be able to make something work here. :(
Windows 10
Open office 4.1.7
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Right. It does not toggle colors while in presentation mode. Sorry, I'm not proficient with Impress.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
SandraLewisFrin
Banned

Post by SandraLewisFrin »

One way of doing it is to put each tab in a overlap group. Add an animation scroll. Make a global switch which turns on, on button press.

Then you put the shortcuts in another overlap group and create a animation for it, fade in, which reacts to the same global switch. But what you do here is add a delay to it so it appears when the tab slide animation is done.
OpenOffice 2.4 on Ubuntu 9.04
Adams

Post by Adams »

Hi,
You have mentioned "I've tried using one clickable object to make a second object appear - which it does."
Could you please let us know how you were able to achieve this? I have been trying this for a week or so, with no result.
Under custom animations - All I could achieve is to make an object1 appear on click anywhere. Where as I am trying to make object1 appear only on click of an image1.
I tried << Effect option > Timing > Start effect on click of >> but it doesn't help.
Please share your solution. Thanks
OpenOffice 4.1.13 on windows 10
erbsenzahl
Volunteer

Post by erbsenzahl »

Adams wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:44 amYou have mentioned "I've tried using one clickable object to make a second object appear - which it does."
Could you please let us know how you were able to achieve this?
Hi,
check my sample file. Be aware that user defined animations are restricted to single actions... (AOO 4.1.11 on W10-64pro)

UserDefinedAnimation.odp
(115.01 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
LibreOffice current versions 7 and OpenOffice 4.1.15
on LinuxMint 20 - 21 Mate, W10-64 pro
Adams

Post by Adams »

Thanks. I was able to open your document and play the animation. Much appreciated. There is not even one single YouTube video explaining how to use << Effect option > Timing > Start effect on click of >> .
You might want to share on the YouTube.
Thanks again.
OpenOffice 4.1.13 on windows 10