[Solved] Migrate OpenOffice from 2011 Mac to 2021 Mac

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
two curls

[Solved] Migrate OpenOffice from 2011 Mac to 2021 Mac

Post by two curls »

Open Office on my 2011 MacBook Pro won't migrate to my new 2021 MacBook Pro
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Moved topic from Beginners forum to Mac OSX; Tagged ✓ [Solved]
Operating system in MacOS High Sierra on Mac Book Pro 13 inch early 2011.
Apache Open Office 4.1.11
MrProgrammer

Re: OpenOffice won't migrate from 2011 Mac Pro to 2021 Mac P

Post by MrProgrammer »

two curls wrote:Open Office on my 2011 MacBook Pro won't migrate to my new 2021 MacBook Pro
All you've told us is that some unspecified actions you took did not work the way you expected them to. I will interpret your topic as: I need help setting up OpenOffice on my new Mac.

You (or someone) installed OpenOffice on your old computer. If you have a new computer and want to use OpenOffice, then you have to install it there too.
Q03: How do I install OpenOffice on a Mac?
Q05: The Gatekeeper won't let me run OpenOffice. How do I proceed?

After you've installed OpenOffice on the new Mac, you perhaps have OpenOffice documents on your old Mac which you want to use on the new one. This is no different than wanting to migrate any type of document to your new machine. Apple has instructions for that process. Using your new Mac, in Finder, Help → Search → Migrate → Transfer info to Mac from another computer or device. If this is a recent purchase from Apple, they will help you with that process.

Do you know that your new Mac comes with a pre-installed office suite? It is different than OpenOffice but provides many of the same features, and will be convenient for you because Apple will keep it updated as you install MacOS updates.
Q59: Can I exchange documents between OpenOffice and iWork, Apple's office suite?

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Attachments
Migration.jpg
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).