[Solved] Project desktop to entire screen of large monitor

Discuss the presentation application
Steve5

[Solved] Project desktop to entire screen of large monitor

Post by Steve5 »

I want to project my laptop desktop on to monitor (TV or large video screen) and have been testing it out on a 15" computer monitor. It is filled out all the way on my laptop. But when I choose "Duplicate" to have that also appear on the monitor, it's a rectangle image, with the top and bottom all black. Is that how it is, and supposed to be? Or is there a way to have the monitor fill out completely so there is no black, top and bottom?

When I run a slide show - with "Extend" - the slides are "squared," centered in the screen, with black on the top, bottom, left and right. Is that how it's supposed to be? Or is there a way to fill that out too?

I tried the controls on the monitor, but all that did was shift the "square" vertically or horizontally.

Thanks.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved.
Libre Office 6.4.7.2, Open Office 4.1.10, Windows (ugh) 10
Steve5

Re: Monitor, Full Screen

Post by Steve5 »

I figured it out. It has to do with the laptop display resolution. I went down from 1920 x 1280 to 1280 x 1084. While it shrunk my laptop screen, it did fill out on the monitor. And somehow the slide show filled out on the screen too.
Libre Office 6.4.7.2, Open Office 4.1.10, Windows (ugh) 10