[Solved] Calc 'Edit Cell' shortcut for OOo 3.0 and iMac

Discuss the spreadsheet application
NathanTweed

[Solved] Calc 'Edit Cell' shortcut for OOo 3.0 and iMac

Post by NathanTweed »

I'm using Oo Calc version3 on my iMac. Generally finding it an excellent product, however i really can't find out how to edit the contents of a cell using keyboard shortcuts. In microsoft office this is done using F2, however on my iMac this alters the screen brightness. Is this the key I should be using, and if so is there any way of reconfiguring it?? The keyboard shortcut options on the iMac itself says that F14 and F15 are the screen brightness shortcuts, and even if I disable them it doesn't change F2.

Please help me, this is ruining an otherwise excellent product!
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OOo 3.0.X on Mac OSx other + Ubuntu, Windows
squenson
Volunteer

Re: Calc 'Edit Cell' shortcut for Oo3.0 and iMac

Post by squenson »

Go to Tools > Customize > Tab Keyboard. You should see F2 in the list, then select the line and press the button Delete. Select the combination of keys you want to use for this feature and in the lower part of the screen select Internal in the first column and Toggle Edit Mode in the second one. Press the button Modify and the combination will now perform edit in cell.
LibreOffice 4.2.3.3. on Ubuntu 14.04
NathanTweed

Re: Calc 'Edit Cell' shortcut for Oo3.0 and iMac

Post by NathanTweed »

Thank you very much for reply, had googled every combination I could imagine, obviously not imaginative encough.

Cheers
OOo 3.0.X on Mac OSx other + Ubuntu, Windows