[Solved] How do I add a color to enclosed fonts like A, O, P, R?

Discuss the drawing application
14Moon15

[Solved] How do I add a color to enclosed fonts like A, O, P, R?

Post by 14Moon15 »

How can I insert a color inside enclosed fonts O, P, A, R for a certain effect I want? The fonts are set at the largest size. Or can it be done in Open Office? I need to know this asap. If someone can reply at your earliest possible convenience it would be very helpful. I have the latest Open Office and Windows 11. I tried various things to no avail. Thank you.

Title Edited. A descriptive title for posts helps others who are searching for solutions and increases the chances of a reply (Hagar, Moderator).
Last edited by 14Moon15 on Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:28 am, edited 7 times in total.
Open Office 3.1 Windows XP
Mountaineer

Re: Fonts

Post by Mountaineer »

Not my cup of tea, but maybe read about Fontwork in LibreOffice (search for the filling modes):

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Vid ... t_Fontwork
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
14Moon15

Re: Fonts

Post by 14Moon15 »

OK. I'II folIow this up through the link. Much appreciated. Take care...
14Moon15

Adding Color to Enclosed fonts Like "A", "O", "P", "R"

Post by 14Moon15 »

OK. I know it is a rare design situation filling the inside of enclosed fonts (A, O, P, R) with color, however, I figured out how to do it. Well, it's the best way I can come up with. It was right in front of me the whole time. (Some times it's the easy things that get ya...)

Very important. Make sure your document is at 100% (or close too it) when doing this. A little over if anything.

1. Just take your pointer down to the bottom of the Draw page and slowly float your pointer (from left to right, Rectangle, Ellipse,Text (F2) over the blue symbols (their default setting will probably be blue) to read each of their functions from the pop-up box, until you get to Basic Shapes. Click on the arrow that's pointing down which will bring up a pop-up menu with all different shapes. Then point and click on the shape necessary for the particular font, (The circle and square (non-rounded) shape were used for the P and R color fill-ins, and the circle for the O, and the Isosceles triangle for the A) and now your cursor will turn into a cross. Now just move the cross up to your document page and left click on the page but hold your left button down and just move your mouse in any direction and that shape will reveal itself and you can expand it.

2. When you let go of your left button, eight turquoise squares will be attached to that shape. IMPORTANT, The shapes can only be moved around and enlarged when the turquoise squares are attached to the shape. If you take your pointer off the shape and click on the document page they disappear. When you point and click on the shape again the turquoise shapes reappear and you can move the shape around and enlarge it.

3. You can move the shapes to the font you want to fill in by keeping your left mouse button down (turquoise squares) and moving it over to the font OR you can use the right left up down arrows for a more incremental movement of the shape towards the enclosed font. My fonts were the largest setting. The circle and square (non-rounded) shape were used for the P and R color fill-ins, and the circle for the O, and the Isosceles triangle for the A. Just a caveat, there will be a border line between the over lapping square and circle but it's really not very noticeable. Actually, what you can see of it, it's kind of a positive embellishment.

4. After moving the shapes into the enclosed font, you can incrementally expand them to fill the enclosed font completely with the vertical and horizontal ruler strips. But first point and click the shape that's inside the enclosure that you need to expand. The eight turquoise boxes will appear, and you'll see two lines appear on the ruler strips which are used to expand each side of the shape (which ever shape side you need to expand). Just point on the line and your pointer will disappear and blend with the that line. Click your left mouse button down and move your mouse a little and a line will appear from the shape (you need to expand or reduce if you've expanded too much) to the line on the strip that your pointer blended into. When you just move your mouse a little with its left button held down, the shape will expand or contract depending on which direction you move your mouse.

5. It didn't take too long to expand and position the square and round shape to completely fill in the P and R enclosures. You can change the shape color by clicking on that shape (eight turquoise boxes) and then change it with the color menu at the top. I didn't bother seeing how to change the default blue to the color I wanted, so I kept clicking each shape separately and changed the color.