[Solved] Scale image to slide size

Discuss the presentation application
Arthas

[Solved] Scale image to slide size

Post by Arthas »

Is there a way to scale an image size to the slide width and height?
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved] -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.12 on Windows 10
FJCC

Re: Scale image to slide size

Post by FJCC »

Perhaps I'm not understanding your question. I can insert a picture with the menu Insert -> Picture -> From File. I can then right click on the image and choose Position and Size. On the Position and Size tab, I can change the Position, Width and Height and there is a checkbox that will enforce preserving the width/height ratio if I want to avoid distorting the image.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Cazer

Post by Cazer »

@FJCC's got it right. Just remember to keep that 'Keep ratio' box checked if you don't want your image to get all stretched out or squashed.
One little extra tip: once you got your image selected, you can use the shift key while you drag the corner handles. This'll let you resize the image while keeping the proportions just right.
OpenOffice 4.1.14
OS
Mr.Dandy

Post by Mr.Dandy »

Arthas wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 1:00 pm Is there a way to scale an image size to the slide width and height?
What for? Try this extension: https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/pr ... o-album-es
OpenOffice 4.1.12 - Windows 10